- Find the Courage To A Great New Career. Published in CareerJournal.com [Executive Career Site of The Wall Street Journal.]
Let Inspiration Lead To Big Life Changes. Published in CareerJournal.com [Executive Career Site of The Wall Street Journal.]
A Good Attitude Is Critical For Older Job Candidates. Published in CareerJournal.com [Executive Career Site of The Wall Street Journal.]
- Successful Job Search Techniques: What To Say To People Who Do Not Know You. Published In Career Smart Advisor. (Page #3) [ExecuNet’s Bi-Weekly Career Publication For Senior Executives That Offers Vital Information On Job Search And Career Advancement.]
- Your Career Advisor: How To Successfully Propose And Get Approval For A New Idea. Published In Career Smart Advisor. (Page #3) [ExecuNet’s Bi-Weekly Career Publication For Senior Executives.]
- Your Career Advisor: How To Make Sure Your Skills Stay Fresh. (Page #7) [ExecuNet’s Bi-Weekly Career Publication For Senior Executives.]
- How To Become Memorable. Published for ExecuNet’s Article of the Week.
- Six Tips for Fessing Up to Your Mistakes Published on CIO.com. [Chief Information Officer Magazine’s Web-Site.]
NOTE: SOMETIMES WITH THE 6 FIGURE JOBS ARTICLES BELOW YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE LINK TWO TIMES TO SEE THE ARTICLES. I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVIENCE.
- The Direction Your Career Takes Is Up To You. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive.
- What's Your Next Career Game Plan? Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- 6 Tips For Making Sure Your Next Job Is The Right Job For You. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- It's Not A Total Overhaul, It's Just Tweaking. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- 'Different Works In Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Put The Sparkle Back Into Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- A Job Is More Than A Paycheck. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Face Your Career Fears Head On. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive and DiceAdvisor [Dice Is The #1 Job Site For Technology Careers]
- Eliminate Boredom In Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Stop Retreating In Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Are You Angry About Your Career? Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Overcome 'I Don't Want To' In Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Don't Let Worry Rule Your Career. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- Four Steps For Defending Yourself At Work. Published in 6 Figure Jobs News For The Executive
- End The Career Game Blame. Published on AOL’s Find A Job Web Site Powered By CareerBuilder.com
- How Did I Get Here? Published by JobDig.com, an employment-focused web site that offers job-seeking and career advice.
- Change Your Future. Published by JobDig.com
- Change Your Approach. Published by JobDig.com
- What's Your Signature Strength? Published in Women’s World Magazine
- Keep Moving No Matter What. Published in DiceAdvisor [Dice Is The #1 Job Site For Technology Careers]
- Five Steps For Taking Your Career From Denial To Victory. Published in About.com [Career Advice Section]
- Making Better Choices In Your Career. Published in About.com [Career Advice Section]
- Staying Motivated At Work. Published in Career-Intelligence.com
- Swallow Your Pride-Get What You Want In Your Career. Published in Job Seeker News [Top Career Portal For Job Seekers]
- Bad Choices Can Lead To Good Ones. Published in CareerOne, An Australian Job Search Site
- Are You Where You Thought You’d Be Today? Published in FabJob.com
- Did You Choose Your Career or Did It Choose You? Published in FabJob.com
- Laid Off? Today Is a Brand New Day! Tips for Coping and Moving Forward. Published in FabJob.com
- How To Successfully Prepare For Interviews. Published in Employment Crossing
- How To Showcase Your Transferrable Skills Successfully. Published in Shine.com
- How To Ace An Interview-The Checklist. Published in Shine.com
- How To Reinvent Your Career. Published in Shine.com
- The Three Important Phases of an Interview. Published in Shine.com
- Are You Standing in the Way of Your Next Job? Published in Job-Hunt.org
- Maybe You Did Fail. So What? Published in Columbus Wired
- Has Heavy Workload Got You Down? Published in Women Today Magazine
- Success In The Workplace: It's Up To You To Make Your Career Better. Published in Business First
- Do You Have Enough Time For Fun? Published in Home Business Magazine
- Coach Your Critic Out. Published in Living In Balance Magazine
Thank You’s From Readers:
Click Here to listen to a thank you message I received from someone who read one of my articles.
"I just read your article and I wanted to say thank you. I just quit my job outright after 2 years as I knew that the position was not the right one for me. I have been actively looking for a new opportunity and have a number of options that I am currently considering. In so doing, I constantly need to remind myself that it is critical for me, the job seeker, to remember that it is a 2-way street in the job search process. You are right that often the seeker gets so wrapped up in wanting to be wanted that we forget that it is just as important for us to want the position. So, I just wanted to thank you for reminding me of this fact as it is one of the most important factors in looking for a job!"
"I just read your article and felt so good reading it. I was part of a layoff last July in high tech and have been sending our resumes and interviewing since then. I agree with everything you wrote and continue to struggle with not blaming myself and have been working on moving forward and rewarding myself. Your article was right on target for me."
"Thank you so much for the article you wrote. It was both timely and right on the money. It is tough out there, and many professionals such as myself are prideful, competitive people who do not like to lose, and, therefore, it is so hard not to take things personally. I find myself doing it everyday. I made a decision a month ago to set aside my pride, and reach out to people. I have received encouragement and prospects for a better opportunity, and I have renewed energy to go after my next stop in my career journey. Your article will be put in my saved folder and will serve as ongoing inspiration for me."
"I just wanted to drop you a note to say "hello" and to say I find your column very motivating. What a refreshing change! Everything nowadays seems so doom and gloom, but one forgets that it is a matter of attitude. While there may be fewer "six figure jobs" out there today, organizations are always looking for good talent and a good attitude. It only takes one job. That is so easy to forget. Personally, I made the leap from consumer package goods to technology about 5 years ago, during the dot.com boom. I took time off to go back to school for some education to help me in the transition. Unfortunately, with the tech bust, I am not working in the field I had chosen. So today, I am starting to make my plan for another career, one more fulfilling and less demanding (in terms of travel). Your articles are timely for me personally. You are right. Life is so, so short. While we all have obligations to others (children, college, mortgages), we cannot forget that we are not guaranteed one day on this earth. The key is a plan, small steps, and continual movement. Well, got to get back to work. Just had to let you know how motivating your articles are. Keep it up!"
"I was reading one of your articles today as I was preparing for a job interview. I wanted to express to you how poignant your writing was. I am an experienced executive and am currently in job search. It has been a miserable experience, with being "over-qualified", "out of our price range", "too much big company experience" etc. Reading your article on "moving on" has been tremendously helpful in my life. Thank you for your insight and for a wisdom that belies your years."
"I was offered a job today at my interview! I was at such peace going in and surely that was reflected in my presentation. Deborah, I have been looking for over two years! Your articles helped me get ready. God bless you for your insight."
Thank You’s From Editors:
"Your article has been reprinted in our March issue. Thank you for providing such terrific content for people to read. Your work is very appreciated!"
"I wanted to let you know that I was very pleased with your article and I think you did a great job! Your contribution really helped to make my first issue go smoothly."
"Thank you Deborah for replying so soon - I have just read your advice and would like to pass on to you that I found it practical and inspiring. It will certainly help that reader, plus many others."
"Thank you so much for such an informative, motivational website. I immensely enjoyed reading your articles. I would like to introduce our company to you, a South African based career portal. We facilitate the meeting of recruiters and employers with our jobseekers. One of our value add services is our "Food for Thought" section. Here we post articles which we feel would be of benefit to our visitors. We would like to use a couple of your articles on our site."
I Am The Author Of
Several Books Titled:
How To Feel Great At Work Every Day: A Six Step High-Energy Success Plan For Your Career
Coach Yourself To A New Career: A Guide For Discovering Your Ultimate Profession
Don't Blow It! The Right Words For The Right Job
Four Steps To Building A Profitable Coaching Practice: A Complete Marketing Resource Book For Coaches
Four Steps To Building A Profitable Business: A Marketing Start-Up Guide For Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, And Professionals
And, Co-Author & Creator of:
The Essential Coaching Book: Secrets To A Winning Life
"I ordered your book from amazon.com about two weeks ago. I picked it up yesterday with the intention of looking it over to decide if I would read it first or choose another book from my pile. I opened your book at 10:00 p.m. last night and did not put it down until I finished it. I just couldn't stop reading it. I got so many new ideas. Thank you for your book and for all the wonderful information you shared with me."
My Blogs Are:
I also wrote a career/business column for the South Shore Press, an official weekly paper for Suffolk County, that covers Westhampton, the Moriches, and other communities in the east end of Long Island, NY.
Below is a small sample of published stories:
A Hurricane Would Devastate Our Area. Click Here to read the story.
Sometimes Your Career Chooses You. Click Here to read the story.
Your Are Never Too Old To Take Your Career In A New Direction. Click Here to read the story.
Making A Difference One Child At A Time. Click Here to read the story.
Downtown Revitalization and Beautification Project. Click Here to read the story.
To be notified of upcoming news, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Your e-mail address will be kept strictly CONFIDENTIAL and will NOT be shared with any other